Piz Settember (2727 m) - in September

Publiziert von Roald , 17. September 2018 um 22:46.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Oberhalbstein
Tour Datum:17 September 2018
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T5- - anspruchsvolles Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 5:30
Aufstieg: 900 m
Abstieg: 900 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (12 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car from Savognin via Cunter, Riom, and Parsonz up to Radons. You need to pay for the parking in Parsonz, and park at one of the designated parking areas. I parked at P7, which is the last one.
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotel Romana, Savognin
Kartennummer:https://map.wanderland.ch/?lang=en&bgLayer=pk&season=summer&resolution=5&E=2759377&N=1157062

Piz Settember (2727 m) is a mountain peak near Radons (Savognin). Possible routes are: east flank (T3), south ridge (T4), or north ridge (T5). On the west side there is a vertical rock wall, nearly 100 m high at the most. My ascent was on the north ridge, with descent in the east flank.

I started my hike at 9:15 AM in Radons. In the shade it felt quite cold, but as soon as I got into the sunshine it felt warm. I followed the wrw marked hiking trail from Radons up to Alp Schmorras (T1), except some minor shortcuts. The marked trail follows the unpaved road which goes up to Alp Schmorras. At the moment road construction is ongoing, so taking the mountain bike may not be a good idea, even if it is a marked bike trail.

From Alp Schmorras, the hiking trail continues up to Pass da Schmorras (T2). Next, I started the ascent on the edge of the north ridge to Piz Settember. It has a few climbing sections, and in many places it's very exposed. On the west side there is a vertical rock wall. Overall I would rate the north ridge as follows: hiking: T5-, climbing: I.

The view from the summit of Piz Settember was fantastic! The weather was much better than predicted, and there were hardly any clouds around. I spent 25 minutes at the summit, just admiring the view and taking some pictures.

For the descent, I chose the easiest way, which seems to be the east flank (T3, or perhaps T3+ in a few places). Somewhere during the descent, I had my lunch break with a magnificent view to the east and northeast. Later I headed back to Alp Schmorras, and followed the unpaved road back to Radons. I spotted numerous marmots on the way through Val Schmorras - it must be a perfect area for them.

All in all a wonderful hike in a beautiful landscape, and with perfect weather!

Please see attached GPS track for more details on the route. The total time given for this hike includes about one hour of breaks.

Equipment:
- Hiking sticks
- Ice axe (not used)

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentare (1)

Kommentar hinzufügen

Gesendet am 18. September 2018 um 14:06
Now is time to look for a Piz October ;-)

Kommentar hinzufügen»