Fanezfurgga & Ducanfurgga - ski tour

Publiziert von Roald , 25. März 2018 um 08:55.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Davos
Tour Datum:24 März 2018
Ski Schwierigkeit: L
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 5:00
Aufstieg: 1100 m
Abstieg: 1100 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track.
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Davos Monstein. Parking just before the village (free of charge).
Kartennummer:https://map.wanderland.ch

This was a ski tour going from Davos Monstein to Fanezfurgga and Ducanfurgga, and back the same way.

I started my ski tour at 8:30 in the morning in Monstein, first walking up through the village of Monstein. (There is a small parking lot for skiers at the upper end of the village, but I didn't know about it, and it was anyway full when I arrived).

There was of course a good ski track all the way up from Monstein to Fanezfurgga, and further to Ducanfurgga. Many skiers were on their way, heading for Chrachenhorn, Älplihorn, or Gletscher Ducan. For me it was the first ski tour in the area, so the plan was only to reach Fanezfurgga. Since there was a nice track, I continued to Ducanfurgga.

The view from both Fanezfurgga and Ducanfurgga was magnificent, with blue skies and no clouds at all. It was also rather mild, and not much wind.

Skiing from Ducanfurgga back down to Fanezfurgga was not so great, since it's mostly a traverse without enough elevation loss. But skiing down from Fanezfurgga towards Monstein was great! The snow was still powdery in the north facing slopes down to elevation 2050 m. Around Oberalp, the snow had a crust, and it was more difficult. Further down the snow had become a little bit soft, and the skiing was again fun.

Remarks:
- The avalanche risk was "3 - considerable" according to http://www.slf.ch
But I didn't see any avalanches during this trip, and the risk seemed lower.
At the start of the tour it was perhaps -10°C, and at the end it was +5°C.

Tourengänger: Roald
Communities: Skitouren

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T5
23 Aug 10
Gletscher Ducan 3020m · pizflora
T3
8 Sep 10