Monte Brè, Monte Boglia, Gandria

Publiziert von Stijn , 13. Februar 2018 um 21:40.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Tessin » Sottoceneri
Tour Datum:10 Februar 2018
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3 - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-TI   I   Gruppo San Lucio-Monte Boglia 
Zeitbedarf: 6:00
Aufstieg: 1000 m
Abstieg: 1500 m

Already in January, I had planned a hike onto Monte Boglia via the southwest ridge (or "Igor's secret ridge", as the Italian Hikrs call it). My backpack was already packed, but I fell ill overnight and had to cancel the trip. One month later, there is another chance to escape the bad weather in the north and enjoy some sunshine in the "Sonnenstube". This time everything did go according to plan.

The connection from the train onto the bus to "Brè, Paese" is not ideal, as the bus departs from "Lugano, Centro" rather than from the railway station. The bus journey is quite an adventure in itself, as the bus has to squeeze past oncoming traffic on a narrow, precipitous road. The bus is quite full, but a large hiking group gets off before we get to Brè, where I do find the quiet "low season" atmosphere which I had hoped for.

I start with a short detour to Monte Brè. The ridge path with its many steps is rather boring. The views on the summit itself are also disappointing. The area below the summit around the picturesque "Ristorante Vetta" (closed in winter, same as the funicular) actually offers better views. I traverse back to the village of Brè along an unpaved road with enjoyable views over Lake Lugano.

Now for the main programme: Monte Boglia. From the "area di svago" behind the village, the official hiking path towards P. 1030 follows a relatively new route. At P. 1130, I turn onto the unofficial ridge path towards Monte Boglia (T3, mostly T2). The path, which often stays just south of the crest, is easy to follow thanks to plentiful red waymarks. The "secret ridge" is wild and fascinating (I even encountered two deer) but the views only open up some 100m below the summit. The normal white-red-white path actually offers more panoramic views. As such, a circular hike that includes both routes can be recommended.

I relax on the bench at the southeast summit for about 40 minutes, reading my book, until a cold wind picks up and chases me away. Back down in Brè it is still too early to call it a day, so I continue on foot to the village of Gandria on the shores of the Lago di Lugano. The song "YMCA" is echoing through the narrow alleys and I am greeted by people in elaborate fancy dress... apparently I stumbled upon the village carnival! The party is already coming to an end, so I continue back towards Lugano along the "olive path". This path starts off dramatically by traversing along some cliffs above the lake. Soon, the lakeside path becomes less spectacular, but it remains scenic until Castagnola. Here, it is unfortunately impossible to continue along the lake. The next 2 km (until the Lugano promenade is reached) are rather unpleasant, with busy roads and construction sites. The lack of a proper hiking path through this part of Lugano is redeemed by the superb gelateria "Al Viale". Ice cream in February, yay!

Tourengänger: Stijn

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

Slideshow In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentare (4)

Kommentar hinzufügen

igor hat gesagt:
Gesendet am 13. Februar 2018 um 22:08
Very cool tour ! Bravo ! Greats from Lugano, Igor

Stijn hat gesagt: RE:
Gesendet am 14. Februar 2018 um 19:40
Thanks Igor!

westi hat gesagt: Nice walk
Gesendet am 14. Februar 2018 um 07:20
I hike the same route last year in direction "Normal route to Monte Boglia" and back over the secret ridge. Thank you very much for the report, a good inspiration for the next weekend :). Greetings from Zurigo, Andreas

Stijn hat gesagt: RE:Nice walk
Gesendet am 14. Februar 2018 um 19:40
Thanks Andreas. Glad to provide some inspirations. Greetings also from Zürich, Stijn

Kommentar hinzufügen»