Snowshoe hike around Piz Toissa

Publiziert von Roald , 28. Januar 2018 um 20:22.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Oberhalbstein
Tour Datum:28 Januar 2018
Schneeshuhtouren Schwierigkeit: WT3 - Anspruchsvolle Schneeschuhwanderung
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 7:15
Aufstieg: 1200 m
Abstieg: 1200 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (16 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Salouf. Free parking near the soccer field/school.

The idea with this snowshoe hike was to walk all the way around Piz Toissa, with start and end in Salouf.

The weather was really nice and sunny in the morning, but thin clouds moved in around noon.

I started this snowshoe hike in Salouf at 08:45 in the morning. The temperature was a mild -3°C. I followed the snow covered forest road up towards Sars. There was a snowmobile track almost all the way to the (summer) parking lot at elevation 1800 m, so I didn't mount the snowshoes before getting up there.

Getting up towards Ziteil took quite some time, because the snow was rather soft in most places. After a nice lunch break in Ziteil I continued past Furcletta in the direction of Munter. For quite some distance the snow was rather hard packed due to the wind. I was glad I had not chosen to go with the skis.

For the rest of the hike through the forest, I followed the forest road and then the designated snowshoe trail back to Salouf.

All in all a very nice snowshoe hike in a beautiful winter landscape!

Equipment:
- Alpine snowshoes
- Hiking sticks
- Gaiters

Remarks:
The only part of this hike that I would consider WT3 is the steep section right above Som igls Mellens. The rest of the hike is WT2.
The avalanche risk was "2 - moderate".

Tourengänger: Roald
Communities: Schneeschuhtouren

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T3
ZS
19 Sep 15
MTB Savognin Ziteil Tour · saldeg