Piz Grevasalvas (2932 m) - bike & hike from Bivio

Publiziert von Roald , 24. Juni 2017 um 23:31.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Oberhalbstein
Tour Datum:23 Juni 2017
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Mountainbike Schwierigkeit: L - Leicht fahrbar
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 9:15
Aufstieg: 1650 m
Abstieg: 1650 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (24.5 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Bivio. Big parking lot at the left hand side before entering the village (when arriving from the north). Free of charge in the summer, it seems.
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotel Solaria in Bivio.

This hike covers the four peaks Motta da Sett (2637 m), Piz dal Sasc (2720 m), Piz Lunghin (2780 m), and Piz Grevasalvas (2932 m). During the ascent towards Piz Grevasalvas, I tried out a new option for getting more easily up to the ridge between P.2724 and P.2794. During the descent from Piz Grevasalvas, I also tried out a new option for a faster and more direct descent to the west of P.2794.

Start of the hike shortly before 9:00 in Bivio. I brought my mountain bike along. Going uphill, I partially biked, and partially walked the bike. The road to the Septimer pass is paved for 1.5 km, the rest is unpaved but in good shape. At the the Septimer pass, I parked the bike, and continued on the white-red-white marked trail towards the Lunghin pass (T2). At elevation 2425 m, I left the marked trail and hiked up to Motta da Sett from the north (T3). Next, I descended from Motta da Sett on the NE side (T3), and got back on the trail to the Lunghin pass. Interestingly, the Lunghin pass is actually a three-way watershed!

From the Lunghin pass, I hiked up to Piz dal Sasc which is really close (T3). But I had to cross a few snowfields on the way. Next, I descended again towards the Lunghin pass, and got onto the white-blue-white marked trail to Piz Lunghin (T3+ or T4-). On Piz Lunghin I actually met another hiker, which was the only person I met outside of the white-red-white marked trails...

During the descent from Piz Lunghin, I took a shortcut surfing down the scree and snowfields (see GPS track). For the ascent to the ridge between P.2724 and P.2794, I chose a stripe of grass in between all the scree. It is about 38-39° steep, but with nice steps and no problem to ascend (T3+). The ascent to P.2794 goes over big rocks and boulders, but is easier than it looks like from far away (T4). Next, I descended from P.2794 on the north side, and continued straight towards the summit of Piz Grevasalvas, first across numerous snowfields, and later in rocky terrain(T4). In the upper part there are a few tiny cairns which show the way.

During the descent from Piz Grevasalvas, I followed the same way as for the ascent until I was just north of P.2794. From there I figured out that surfing down the scree in direction WSW would be feasible (T4). The slope is 36-37°.

Equipment:
- Hiking sticks
- Gaiters

Total tour distance: 24.5 km, thereof:
Hiking and biking uphill: 7 km
Hiking: 10.5 km
Biking downhill: 7 km

Please see attached GPS track for more details.

Tourengänger: Roald
Communities: Bike & Hike

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»