Bike & hike to Pizza Grossa (2939 m)

Publiziert von Roald , 11. Juni 2017 um 23:35.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Oberhalbstein
Tour Datum:11 Juni 2017
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4+ - Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Mountainbike Schwierigkeit: L - Leicht fahrbar
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 7:30
Aufstieg: 1700 m
Abstieg: 1700 m
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Tinizong. Up the road "Crap la Falla" until elevation 1320 m, where there is designated parking area.
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotel Bela Riva in Savognin.

This hike was inspired by hike reports from ivo66 describing the ascent on the Pizza Grossa south ridge. It ended up being a wonderful hike in picture perfect weather!

I started my hike & bike just above the village of Tinizong at elevation 1320 m. I followed the alp road in direction Alp d'Err, mostly walking the bike. At P.2028, I left the bike behind and continued on foot towards the Pizza Grossa south ridge. At the beginning, it is a steep grassy hillside. Sometimes steeper, sometimes a little bit less steep. The steepest area was at about elevation 2400 m, where I believe the slope was nearly 40°. Above elevation 2650 m, it became less grassy and more rocky. The rocky area was also steep, but only easy climbing (I) is necessary.

Finally, after 4 hours of hiking I reached the summit of Pizza Grossa. The view was fantastic, and I enjoyed my lunch up there. No other hikers had the same idea to visit Pizza Grossa, so I had it all for myself.

For the descent, I chose to descend on the north side of Pizza Grossa. There were still some snowfields left, but too steep to try snow surfing. The descent was tricky in places, with some climbing (I) and a lot of loose scree.

Next, I proceeded across many snowfields past P.2666 and Lai Mort, and finally I followed the marked trail back down to Cotschna. In this last part of the hike, I actually met some other hikers... After I got back to my mountain bike, it was a fast and easy ride down to Tinizong.

Difficulties:
Tinizong - P.2028 - Cotschna: T1 / T2
Pizza Grossa south ridge: T4
Descent on the north side of Pizza Grossa: T4+
Further descent past P.2666, Lai Mort, and down to Cotschna: T3

Equipment:
- Hiking sticks
- Gaiters

Total tour distance: 20 km (on foot: 14 km, by bike downhill: 6 km)
Please attached GPS track for more details.

Tourengänger: Roald
Communities: Bike & Hike

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»