Snowshoe hike to Büelenhorn (2513 m)

Publiziert von Roald , 16. März 2017 um 20:47.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Davos
Tour Datum:16 März 2017
Schneeshuhtouren Schwierigkeit: WT3 - Anspruchsvolle Schneeschuhwanderung
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 6:00
Aufstieg: 1050 m
Abstieg: 1050 m
Strecke:Davos Dorf - Duchli - In den Büelen - Ischlag - Büelenberg - Büelenhorn. Same way back. Total distance: 12 km

Büelenhorn (2513 m) is a peak very close to Davos, between the Dischma and Flüela valleys.

I started my hike at the golf course in Davos Dorf (during the winter, this golf course is used for cross country skiing). First I walked along the road passed Duchli and up to "In den Büelen", before I mounted the snowshoes. From there I mostly followed the forest roads where some skiers had gone a few days earlier.

Many places the snow was quite hard and I did not sink in with the snowshoes, but it was a bit mixed conditions. Above the forest line, I tried to stay on the tracks from skiers not to sink in during the ascent.

The view from the summit was magnificent, with blue skies and no clouds at all. It was also quite warm, and almost no wind.

I did not meet any other hikers or skiers on Büelenberg or Büelenhorn. But according to the summit book, a local skier had been there in the morning before I arrived. Otherwise, I only met two skiers on their way up near Ischlag during my descent.

Remarks:
- The avalanche risk was "2 - moderate" according to http://www.slf.ch
- There were two summit books on Büelenhorn, but neither of them were full. I only signed in to one.

Tourengänger: Roald
Communities: Schneeschuhtouren

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»