Radüner Rothorn (3022 m) - bike & hike from Davos

Publiziert von Roald , 28. August 2016 um 16:11.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Davos
Tour Datum:27 August 2016
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Mountainbike Schwierigkeit: L - Leicht fahrbar
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 8:00
Aufstieg: 1550 m
Abstieg: 1550 m
Strecke:See attached GPS track or mini map below for details.
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotel Bünda in Davos Dorf.

I started this trip in Davos Dorf, riding my mountain bike up the Dischma valley to Dürrboden. The road is paved all the way, and in very good condition. After parking my bike, I continued on foot on the marked trail towards Chamanna da Grialetsch. About 20 minutes into the hike, I witnessed a cow being transported away hanging beneath a helicopter. The cow had probably fallen ill or broken a leg, and there was no other means of transportation. It's not every day you get to see a flying cow.

At the lake Furggasee, I headed left towards the Radüner Rothorn south ridge. From P.2703, I could see a couloir (T4) leading up to the south ridge. Once on the ridge, the terrain is not too steep, but with lots of rocks and scree. After P.2913 it continued mostly over big rocks and boulders, but real climbing was not necessary.

At the summit there are four big cairns. The view to neighboring peaks was fantastic, and I took quite a few pictures (see attached). There was hardly any wind, so it was almost too warm at the summit.

For the descent I headed down towards the small lake at elevation 2871 m. There were some path traces visible where I descended. Then I continued over Rothorn Furgga and back down to Furggasee, where I again followed the marked trail back to Dürrboden. From Dürrboden I enjoyed a nice and absolutely effortless bike ride down to Davos.

Total biking distance: 26 km (Davos Dorf - Dürrboden, and back), elevation gain/loss: 500 m
Total hiking distance: 9 km, elevation gain/loss: 1050 m

Route: see attached GPS track or mini map below for details.

Difficulties (hiking):
Dürrboden - Furgasee: T2
Furgasee - P.2703: T3
P.2703 - summit of Radüner Rothorn: T4
Radüner Rothorn - Rothorn Furgga - P.2703: T4

Equipment: retractable hiking sticks (mainly used during the descent).

Tourengänger: Roald
Communities: Bike & Hike

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T4
19 Sep 20
Radünder Rothorn 3021 m · StefanP
T4-
10 Sep 16