Älplihorn (3006 m) from Sertig

Publiziert von Roald , 28. August 2016 um 14:17.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Davos
Tour Datum:26 August 2016
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 9:30
Aufstieg: 1350 m
Abstieg: 1350 m
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Sertig Sand. Parking fee: CHF 10.00 for 10 hours (max parking time).

Again perfect weather for hiking! I started in Sertig, and followed the marked trail towards Fanezfurgga. The Ducan valley is very scenic, and I also spotted numerous marmots there. After reaching Fanezfurgga, I traversed into the Bärentälli valley. At the beginning it was very rocky and bumpy terrain, and it may be better to descend a bit before traversing. But I tried to not loose any elevation...

After reaching the lake Bärentällisee, I ascended through steep grass and scree towards the summit. There are many possible routes. In the upper part, path traces were sometimes visible. Shortly before reaching the summit with the cairn, some climbing is required. Exactly there I met another hiker who told me that the easiest way would be descending a little bit on the left (west) side. After reaching the summit, it was easy to see that this was indeed the easiest way.

During the descent I generally followed the same route as during the ascent, except for a detour to Ducanfurgga.

Route: see attached GPS track or mini map below for details.

Difficulties:
Sertig Sand - Fanezfurgga: T2 (maybe T3 in very few places)
Fanezfurgga - Bärentällisee: T3
Bärentällisee - Älplihorn: T4, short climbing (I) sections just before the summit

Equipment: retractable hiking sticks.

Total hiking distance: 18.5 km

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T4+
31 Jul 21
Älplihorn · Georg_D
T5 WS I