Piz Polaschin (3013 m) - ascent SW ridge, descent SE ridge

Publiziert von Roald , 15. August 2016 um 16:15.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Oberengadin
Tour Datum:14 August 2016
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 7:30
Aufstieg: 1100 m
Abstieg: 1100 m
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Parking at Julier pass road, elevation approx. 2050 m

Another wonderful day in the mountains! After the long hike the day before I wanted to do a bit a shorter one, and my choice fell on Piz Polaschin.

From the parking lot along the Julier pass road, I walked down along the main road for 300-400 m, to be able to cross the bridge over the creek. Soon after I reached the official white-red-white hiking trail in direction Lej da la Tscheppa. For about 1 km or so the trail goes through the forest, which is nice when it's warm weather.

At elevation 2587 m (at an oval-shaped small lake), I left the marked trail in direction P.2864 (Fuorcla Polaschin). Surprisingly there were many small cairns showing the way, and thus very easy to find the right way. From Fuorcla Polaschin up to the summit of Piz Polaschin there were also numerous small cairns. The minor summit can be passed on the right side (direction upwards), the path traces show the way.

For the descent I chose the south-east ridge. It is slightly easier to hike than the south-west ridge. After elevation 2820 m on the ridge I could comfortably surf down the scree. It would have been quite a struggle to ascend that way I suppose. At P.2587 I again reached the marked hiking trail, which I then followed all the way back down.

Difficulties:
Hiking trail towards Lej da la Tscheppa: mostly T2
P.2587 - Fuorcla Polaschin: T4-
Fuorcla Polaschin - summit of Piz Polaschin (SW ridge): T4
Summit of Piz Polaschin - P.2587 (SE ridge, then down through the scree): T4

Distance: Total hiking distance approx. 11 km.

Equipment: retractable hiking sticks

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»