Across Lenzer Horn (2906 m)

Publiziert von Roald , 31. Juli 2016 um 13:39.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Lenzerheide
Tour Datum:29 Juli 2016
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4+ - Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Mountainbike Schwierigkeit: L - Leicht fahrbar
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 9:45
Aufstieg: 1900 m
Abstieg: 1500 m

In this hike to Lenzer Horn (2906 m), I went up from Lenzerheide to Alp Sanaspans, bringing my mountain bike along. Then I left the bike behind, and followed the white-blue-white marked trail to the summit. Afterwards I descended a bit on the east ridge, and realized that a descent on the south-east ridge would be feasible.

After descending from Lenzer Horn on the south-east ridge to about 2600 m, I left the ridge and traversed the large scree area in direction Piz Mosch. It would have been better though, to descend another 100 m before traversing. The scree was very uncomfortable to traverse where I started out.

I continued my hike to the two (or three) summits of Piz Mosch, and then to the unnamed peak P.2707. Then I returned back to Alp Sanaspans, and rode my mountain bike back down to Lenzerheide. Due to the bumpy and steep road, it would have been best to leave the bike at elevation 1900 m, and not bring it further up.

Route: see attached GPS track.

Main difficulties:
Ascent from elevation 2550 m to 2650 m on the marked trail: T4+
Ascent from elevation 2900 m to the summit on the marked trail: T4+
Since I did not descend the same way, I cannot really say for sure how difficult that is. Perhaps T5- would be appropriate for both sections.
Descent from the summit, initially on the east ridge for about 100 m, then traverse to the south-east ridge: T4+
Further descent on the south-east ridge: T4

Equipment: hiking sticks (only used during the descent).
During the ascent in the steeper sections it is best to have both hands free.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T5 WS+ II
T5+ ZS- III WT3
5 Jan 20
Lenzer Horn (2906m) im Winter · Rambo96
T4+
24 Jul 22