Lauiberg at sunset

Publiziert von Stijn , 1. Juli 2016 um 13:39.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Schwyz
Tour Datum:28 Juni 2016
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-SZ   Östliche Sihltaler Alpen 
Zeitbedarf: 3:45
Aufstieg: 950 m
Abstieg: 950 m

Finally I have managed to do another after-work sunset hike. They never disappoint! The mix of clouds and the setting sun created some amazing light.

On Hikr, the Lauiberg is often visited as part of a longer and more challenging Sihltal round, but the mountain is also a very worthwhile objective on its own.

----

I park the car at Gribschli P. 1205, at the very end of the upper Sihltal (careful: deep ditches crossing the road!). I start by walking slightly downhill to the Fläschenwald path (T3+). This pretty forest path is classified as an alpine hiking path, but I don't really see why, except maybe for the dramatic, unsecured footbridge across the Sihl at the very bottom of the route.

From Fläschen, the path first traverses in a slightly descending line and crosses a stream, before climbing again towards the Chilenmatthütte. Above the Chilenmatthütte, the path becomes really vague, but it doesn't matter if you lose it, as long as you keep heading in the general direction of the Sihlseeli.

The Saaspass is reached soon after the Sihlseeli. The remainder of the ascent to the Lauiberg is now away from the official hiking path network. There is a visible trail that goes south towards the Lauiberg, traversing west of P. 1981. However, there is snow field blocking this trail, a small one, but unsafe without an ice axe. Therefore, I climb P. 1891 directly. For a brief moment, the grassy ridge is rather steep and slightly moist as well (T5), but otherwise the P. 1891 ridge is really enjoyable with spectacular views.

Soon, I rejoin the trail that connects the Saaspass with the Lauiberg. The trail passes a remembrance cross and an "emergency ice axe" before climbing to P. 2048 along a fixed cable (not really necessary). The Lauiberg (with summit cross and log book) is quickly reached from P. 2048 over a short, beautiful and non-technical ridge.

On the descent, I go back to near P. 1891 and then follow the little ridge directly south of the Sihlseeli. This (and not the Saaspass) is probably the easiest route connecting the Sihlseeli and the Lauiberg. I walk down via the Lauiberghütte and Untersihl. This path is well-marked and suitable for a descent by head-torch. The most interesting spot here (as far as I could see in the dark) is where path goes over some rock plates (could be slippery in the wet) followed by the "Stägli" footbridge (with handrail this time) at P. 1448. There's the occasional bang from the ammunition testing site at Ochstenboden, and a couple of cows' eyes reflect brightly in the light of my head-torch, but otherwise I've had the whole mountain to myself all evening.

Tourengänger: Stijn

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentare (2)

Kommentar hinzufügen

Bombo hat gesagt:
Gesendet am 1. Juli 2016 um 15:33
Congrats! Very nice hike and a report with amazing pictures.

go ahead, all the best
bombo

Stijn hat gesagt: RE:
Gesendet am 1. Juli 2016 um 20:09
Thanks Bombo. I also enjoyed your sunset pictures from the Haggenspitz recently.
Stijn

Kommentar hinzufügen»