Parpaner Rothorn, Ostgipfel (2899 m) from Lenzerheide

Publiziert von Roald , 3. Januar 2016 um 18:25.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Lenzerheide
Tour Datum:11 August 2013
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3 - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 4:00
Aufstieg: 1600 m
Abstieg: 200 m
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Lenzerheide, metered parking just north of the village.
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:Cable car and gondola down from Rothorn (2861 m) to the valley station at the lake, then by foot back to the parking.

Parpaner Rothorn, Ostgipfel (2899 m) from Lenzerheide

I started this hike in Lenzerheide, following the marked trail to Alp Sanaspans, then past Lai Plang Bi and to P.2565 at Plang Digl Mestgel. From there I went straight up towards the ridge between the two peaks of Parpaner Rothorn. This last part is quite steep, has no path, but is not exposed. The main reason for taking this shortcut was that, as I approached Parpaner Rothorn, Ostgipfel, there was a mountain bike race taking place, where the participants started near Parpaner Rothorn, Westgipfel.

From Parpaner Rothorn, Ostgipfel, I explored the way towards Aroser Rothorn to about two-thirds of the distance. But I was too tired to pursue the more difficult section. From my viewpoint I assumed the rest of that hike to be T4/T5. (this exploratory part of the hike is not included in the time given).

Finally I hiked back to Parpaner Rothorn, Westgipfel, where I took the cable car down.

Remark: The attached kmz file is not an actual GPS recording. The route was drawn in Google Earth right after the hike.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T4+ I
T3
T3
7 Aug 16
Parpaner Rothorn · olethros
T4+ I