Non-breaking space

Publiziert von poudrieres, 21. April 2014 um 13:16. Diese Seite wurde 626 mal angezeigt.

Hello,

Does anyone have an idea why using the online editor tends to create " " instead of " " (blank space) in the HTML code when adding text creates a line wrap in the editor window? The " " is displayed as "no space at all" after saving the text.

I usally use the Notepad application to replace " " by " " in the HTML code before publishing a final version. Using an offline editor and pasting the complete text is also an option.

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Oliver.

Kommentare (5)

Kommentar hinzufügen

Martin Job Pro hat gesagt: Suche "ckeditor nbsp"
Gesendet am 21. April 2014 um 20:16
Versuch mal "ckeditor nbsp" z.b. mit Google.
Die Resultate beginnen bei mir dann mit:
"CKEditor unwanted nbsp characters" u.s.w.
Selber helfen kann ich dir aber nicht ...
Frische Grüsse
Martin

PStraub hat gesagt: Simple reason
Gesendet am 22. April 2014 um 07:09
The reason is quite simple: Browsers ignore all spaces except the first they encounter.
So, if you try to make a longer distance between words, eg. a kind of table, you need to use the 'not suppressed' " " instead.

If HTML-editors do interprete/replace your entry (= space) automatically, it is only to help you to get the result you probably want.

Peter

gbal hat gesagt:
Gesendet am 22. April 2014 um 16:32
I believe that PStraub gave you a perfect answer; I suggest you to use an offline editor like Word, Wordpad and so on either to avoid this problem and because you can organize at your best the formatting of your text in a way easier than with the on-line editor.
Bye
Giulio

poudrieres hat gesagt: Final summary
Gesendet am 3. Januar 2015 um 11:01
Brower choice seems to make no difference.

With IE10/Win7 I do get an HTML code that looks like ...

"Ich schreibe erst eimal einen langen Satz. Und noch einen. Bis zum Zeilenbruch."

Then I add another sentence in the middle.

"Ich schreibe erst eimal einen langen Satz. Und dann fällt mir noch was ein. Und noch einen. Bis zum Zeilenbruch."

When inserting text causes the visual editor of the hike.org site to wrap the existing text you will see " " instead of " ".

When you insert photos into the text you might even end up with a black hole in your report : <span style="display: none">&nbsp;</span>.

Everything that you insert between the 2 "span" commands remains invisible.

So my recommendations are:

1. Use an external editor and copy the plain text only. Do formatting only as final touch.

2. Check your HTML when things disappear.

Kind regards

Oliver.

maex hat gesagt:
Gesendet am 3. Januar 2015 um 16:21
Uh! I only understand railway station ... rofl
Grüsse
maex

Kommentar hinzufügen»