Adding new places to picture can be difficult

Publiziert von bergpfad73, 21. September 2010 um 21:56. Diese Seite wurde 115 mal angezeigt.

Hi all,

I have done a 360° panorama and wanted to add places (towns, summits, etc.). But if the "places" list is growing, it becomes really difficult to set the red spots into the picture: the new created spot places itself to the bottom of the list (this means at the bottom of the page) and the picture is at the top of the web page.
For a better comprehension of my problem, have a look here: 360° panorama

Is there a solution I've missed? Or should our admins have to make us a workaround? If you need to program, maybe it would be OK if the newly created place goes to the top of the list instead of going to the bottom.

BTW, the result is really impressive when displaying the picture in the slideshow :)

Thanks for your answers.

Cheers,
Dani.

Kommentare (7)

Kommentar hinzufügen

Stani™ hat gesagt:
Gesendet am 21. September 2010 um 22:03
Hi Dani,

There is a simple solution, suggested by genepi by email: add new points at the top of the list. And we even already implemented it, but not yet put online, because we are struggling with html editors, styles, ..., ..., ..., etc.

Coming soon!

bergpfad73 hat gesagt: RE:
Gesendet am 21. September 2010 um 22:29
What can I say more than: "Happy programming!" ;)

Anna hat gesagt: RE:
Gesendet am 21. September 2010 um 22:31
Thank you! I'm the one struggling with the styles and layout of maps ;-) and I'm not yet happy!

Stani™ hat gesagt:
Gesendet am 21. September 2010 um 22:08
BTW, there is actually another problem with those big lists of points: they're going much too low. We tried to add a scrollbar on this list, but there is not enough place on the right of the list and it's ugly and the [x] button is dangerousely too near. We are thinking of what we can do about that.

Gesendet am 21. September 2010 um 22:36
And what about putting the scrollbar on the left (instead of the right, so no problem with the [x] button) and lower a little bit the text height?
Or maybe it would be possible to have a "floating" picture, which would always be at the same vertical coordinates as the "Add place" button...
But these are just some ideas.

Anna hat gesagt: RE:
Gesendet am 21. September 2010 um 22:56
Never see a scrollbar on the left, I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist. Anyway from a layout point of view, it would be ugly... and I like to design nice layouts ...

Gesendet am 21. September 2010 um 23:26
In earlier versions of mozilla, this was possible. But I've found no post of how to implement this in actual versions (and the biggest problem is that it wasn't supported by every browser; especially not by IE).
In my Flock (mozilla-based browser), I use the left bar. But I changed a value in about:config (layout.scrollbar.side set to 3 instead of 0)... so it's not applicable here.

And I'm sure you'll find out a nice way of designing the whole thing ;)

Kommentar hinzufügen»